Most of the ladies these days are working. They leave the house in the morning and come back tired in the evening after a long day. Entering the kitchen and preparing a meal just seems next to impossible. Though there are many options today of ordering food for home delivery, but it is not only expensive but also a very unhealthy option. Just a little planning in an organised way can make everything so simple.
In this situation there are a few things that they need to do.
To get started, a weekly menu is to be made.
- Plan to do shopping on Sunday morning for the whole week.
- Once you get back home from shopping, You can start with your vegetables. Greens like fenugreek leaves, coriander leaves and spinach can be cleaned and stored in an airtight container in the fridge. Vegetables like beans, carrots, lady finger, cauliflower etc can also be cut and stored. Vegetables that have less shelf life can be made earlier.
- Green chutney can be made and stored up to 4 to 5 days.
- Potatoes can be boiled and stored in the fridge. Peel and use whenever required.
- Ready dosa batter can be kept in the fridge for 3 to 4 days. Dosas, idli's, uttapam or paddu can be made in very less time.
- Non veg can be stored in small portions in the freezer in an airtight container. If you want you can marinate the chicken and keep.
- Things like tomato puree, ginger-garlic paste and fried onions comes very handy while making gravy.
- Tomato puree can be made and stored it in a glass bottle in the fridge.
- Onions can be fried and stored in the fridge in airtight containers.
- Fresh ginger-garlic paste can be made and stored in a glass bottle in the fridge for up to a week.
- Alternatively, gravy masala can be made and kept in small portions in airtight containers in the freezer and used whenever needed.
- Curd can be set in bulk and stored in the fridge for 2 to 3 days.
Hope you all find these tips beneficial.
Happy planning!! :)
Suggestions for some jhatpat recipes from my kitchen. :)
If you want to add more comments to the article or you see any thing incorrect please write a comment below and we will surely get back to you.