Gatte ki Sabji - Rajasthani Cuisine
1. Besan - 2 bowls (small)
3. Red chilly - As per taste
4. Green chilly - 2
5. Curd - 1 bowl
6. Jeera - 1 tsp
7. Hing - a pinch
8. Soda - a pinch
9. Tomato puree - 4-5 medium sized
10. Turmeric - 1 tsp
11. Salt to taste
12. Garam masala
13. Kasuri methi
1. Take besan, add soda, oil, salt, turmeric, red chilly, green chilly and curd. Mix the ingredients very well.
2. With the help of water knead a dough using very less amount of water.
3. Add water in a pan, and give it a good boil.
4. In the meantime, make long logs with the besan dough.
5. Put these logs to boiling water one by one.
6. Take another pan and add oil. Once the oil is hot, add jeera, hing and tomato puree.
7. Add turmeric, red chilly and don't forget to check the logs in between.
8. Once the logs come upwards on the water surface, remove them in a plate and cut 1 inches gatte with the help of a knife.
9. In the gravy, add curd.
10. Stir continuously as the curd is poured.
11. Add gatte and add water.
12. Keep it on low flame for 5-7 minutes with a lid.
13. Remove lid, add daniya, garam masala and kasuri methi (optional).
14. Again give it a boil.
The dish is ready to be served.
If you want to add more comments to the article or you see any thing incorrect please write a comment below and we will surely get back to you.