Kids in their growing years need a healthy breakfast in the morning that can keep them full of energy all day long. Kids need many vital nutrients everyday as their systems are developing.
Wheat is a rich source of fibre, carbohydrates, iron, calcium and sodium. Whereas ragi is packed with calcium, fibre, proteins and vitamin D. If cooked along with ghee and milk, its nutrition value increases.
- Whole wheat 1 bowl
- Milk 1 1/2 cup
- Ghee 2 tablespoons
- Ragi flour 2 tablespoons
- Almonds 10-15
- Cashew nuts 5-10
- Flax seeds 1 teaspoon
- Sugar as required
Method for preparing the raw mixture:
- Take a bowl of wheat in a thick bottom pan and roast them on a low flame till it becomes golden brown in color and then transfer them in another bowl.
- Roast the ragi flour for a minute and then turn off the flame.
- Transfer the roasted ragi flour in another bowl. Put flax seeds into the thick bottomed pan which is still hot (do not turn on the flame) and let them just pop.Then let wheat, ragi flour and flax seeds cool.
- Put roasted wheat, flax seeds, almonds, cashew nuts or any other dry fruits or nuts into the mixer. Grind all the ingredients into coarse flour or rawa.
- Add ragi flour to this mixture and grind once again.
- You can store this coarse flour into an air tight container.
Method for preparing Kheer:
- Put 2 tablespoons of ghee into thick bottomed pan and turn on the flame.
- Add 1 full tablespoon of the wheat-ragi rawa mixture into ghee.
- Then add milk slowly and stir properly so as to avoid lumps. Keep stirring. Then let the milk boil till the consistency is thick.
- Then add sugar to the kheer and mix it well.
- You can add cardamom powder, kesar etc to enhance the flavours (although not required !).
Serve the kheer hot, warm or cold.
This kheer is easy to digest and makes a sumptuous healthy breakfast or snack option especially for kids and for senior citizens as well ! A healthy alternative to bread and biscuits !
If you want to add more comments to the article or you see any thing incorrect please write a comment below and we will surely get back to you.